Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wot's dat in da sky?

The new Deffkopta models are really cool, in my opinion, but I felt they could be improved in several departments. With a bit of research and a lot of forum browsing, I came across some fantastic work on Da WAAAGH forums - specifically these builds, and these ones. With these fantastic ideas in mind, I've begun work on my first chopper unit:




The design is basically the same as shown in those two example threads - instead of four short rotors, there are now two long ones, and the boom extends the tail rotor out, making it look like a rickety, yet wickedly functional flying machine. The nose of one of my choppers has been sawn off to experiment with a modular weapons system, and has been partly decorated with the wheel guard off an ork warbike. If all goes according to plan, the first unit of 5 koptas will be armed with twin linked heavy shootas, and buzzsaws, making them a deadly assault squad. I have plans for a second unit of koptas, armed with big bombs and twin-linked rokkit launchas...

Stay tuned for further updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment